How are Social Learning Groups at SpeakIndy different from other social skills groups?
- Maeci Evans, our lead therapist, has received over 100 hours of continuing education in Social Thinking® including the Social Thinking® Level 1A training in Boston, MA
- Our treatment focuses on teaching your child SOCIAL CONCEPTS vs. social skills, improving generalization and overall learning
- Parents receive ongoing education to improve their understanding of their child’s social learning challenges and ability to help their child progress
- We collaborate with school therapists and teachers to improve carry-over to school and home
- We do not run clubs or traditional social groups. We group children based on their social communication profile and strategically target social concepts following the Social Thinking® methodology
- Our groups are fun! We do group projects, science experiments, make movies, and more! Children will learn concepts and start implementing them right away in therapy
- WE LOVE TEACHING SOCIAL! Helping your child navigate the social world throughout their life is our number one goal. We believe everyone has the right to feel included and connected with others.